About the program
The Tourism and Entertainment Business Industry study program aims to train qualified professionals capable of researching, analyzing the tourism and entertainment business environment and adapting to the changing business environment, modern labor market requirements, establishing and managing tourism, entertainment and wellness services companies, making innovative decisions, increasing competitive advantage, and developing and organizing targeted service packages.
The study program focuses not only on the development of professional special competencies, but also on the broad development of key competences, values, responding to the current tourism and entertainment sector specialist, managerial competencies, based on knowledge transfer and analysis, critical assessment, problem solving, the application of innovative measures.
Study program learning outcomes (after graduating from the studies, o person):
- Applies the most up-to-date theoretical knowledge of the fundamentals of business, tourism, hotels, and entertainment and sightseeing, based on new fundamental and applied research and concepts and principles, to the business of tourism and entertainment businesses.
- Ability to master and apply information technology in the tourism and hotel market and use correct terminology in his professional language.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and coordinates processes, strategies, and tactics in the tourism and entertainment market to plan and market services and products as effectively as possible.
- Knows diversity of business organization forms, general procedure of establishment of the Republic of Lithuania, requirements of labor, civil and commercial law, methods of accounting and management of financial and other resources, principles and forms of business development in foreign markets.
- Ability to collect, analyze, process data and interpret the results obtained to solve specific professional problems.
- Utilizes the capabilities of information technology systems and databases, plans and conducts market research, prepares a market research report, and provides the information needed to make management decisions.
- Plans the activities of the tourism company, organizes the activities of the tourism company according to the spheres of tourism activity, ensures the quality of the activity of the tourism company.
- Ability to set up a tourism company and prepare its business plan, plan its activities according to the set goals, adjust the activities according to the analysis of the results obtained.
- Organizes tourism information provision, company marketing program.
- Develops tourism and leisure and entertainment business services products.
- Fluently and persuasively expresses their thoughts orally and in writing, communicates effectively and tolerantly with professionals and others in a professional environment in Lithuanian and foreign languages.
- Works in team projects, solves professional tasks, takes responsibility for the quality of his / her own and subordinate employees' activities.
- Independently develop professional and personal skills, demonstrating responsibility for the impact of their activities and outcomes, and apply professional skills effectively and ethically in a multicultural environment.
The program content
- Management of travel and excursions - Organizes tours, excursions that meet the needs of modern tourists, book and sell tours organized and individual tourism services.
- Event management - Organizes different types of events, plans the activities of event companies.
- Management of SPA and wellness tourism - Organizes and manages sales of products of wellness, spa and sports club business.
Study volume in credits and form (duration in years): 180 credits, full-time (3 years):
General subjects (15 cr.):
- Psychology of communication
- Second foreign language (Russian)
- Application of smart technologies
Study field subjects:
- Systems of document management
- Basics of tourism
- Foreign language (English)
- Fundamentals of management
- Marketing of business of tourism and entertainment
- Sustainable tourism
- Arranging of accommodation and food provision
- Innovation and digitization in tourism
- Business planning and business start-up
- Company finance and accounting
- Business law of tourism
- Basics of event organization
- Systems of ticket
- Planning and organization of travel
- Technical service of event
- Resources of Lithuanian tourism and basics of geography
- Methodology of preparation of excursion and rhetoric of a guide
- Professional and intercultural communication
- Methodology of research
- Research of business of tourism and entertainment
Subjects of specialization of management of travel and excursions (15 cr.):
- Fundamentals of Lithuanian culture and history
- Fundamentals of the development of the world and Lithuanian architecture and art
- Arrangement of inbound and outbound tourism
Subjects of specialization of event management (15 cr.):
- Health tourism
- Organization of amusement parks and sports clubs
- Organization of SPA and wellness facilities
Subjects of management of Spa and wellness tourism (15 cr.):
- Organization of sport events
- Organization of conferences and business events
- Organization of entertainment and leisure activities
Elective subjects (9 cr.)
Coursework (3 cr.)
Final work preparation (9 cr.)
Practices (30 cr.)
- Cognitive Practice of Tourism
- Cognitive practice of accommodation and catering
- Practice of entertainment
- Professional Practice - performed in a company
In order for college graduates to find successfully employment and remain competitive in the labor market, practical training predominates in the program. Internships are performed in successfully operating Lithuanian tourism and event business companies. Social partners of this program: Hotel Amberton Klaipeda, Smiltyne Yacht Club, Center of Klaipeda Tourism and Culture Information, Klaipeda Center of Region Tourism Information, Ltd Amadeus Lietuva, Linksmas Lagaminas and others. Students also have excellent opportunities to study and perform internships in foreign HEI through via exchange programs.
1. Persons only with diploma of secondary education/or relevant can apply for studies in Lithuania Business University of Applied Sciences (LBUAS). Diploma of secondary education gained in international country must be certificated with by Apostille by Consulate. The studies are open to any age group.
2. LBUAS provides full time studies for international students in English and Russian languages.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCUMENTATION
Submitting the application form and registration of documents:
✓ Application form
✓ Secondary education diploma and supplement (original and copy)
✓ Diploma and copy of supplement (if you have, from any other educational institution)
✓ Diploma of education in international country must be certificated by apostille by consulate
✓ English language certificate (copy);
✓ Personal identification card or passport (original and copy of page with photo and personal data)
Students must to apply for a secondary education/relevant diploma recognition in Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education, Address: A. Goštauto str. 12, LT-01108 Vilnius, Lithuania;
For more information:
+370 5 210 47 72 or [email protected] .
Admission to the state non-funded studies is taking place now. Do you want to study? Do you have any questions? Contact
Tuition fee per year, Full-time studies (EUR) - 3000,-
Registration fee – 100 €.
Career opportunities: Graduates of this program can work as specialists in tourism information centers, organizers and guides of excursions and educational programs in museums, guides, managers - consultants in travel agencies, managers in accommodation and catering establishments, event organizers - companies organizing events, leisure and entertainment centers, accommodation, spas and wellness centers, as well as enterprising and entrepreneurial graduates who can set up and run their own businesses.
Opportunities for further studies: Graduates can apply for credit transfer if they want to study according to university undergraduate study programs. After completing additional studies or fulfilling other requirements set by the higher education institution, they have the right to enter the second cycle master's studies.